Texas Flag Blanket – Baby to Bedspread Sizes
by ArticlesofaDomesticGoddess | February 25, 2015 8:16 pm
“I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it and, as in other religions, few people dare to inspect it for fear of losing their bearings in mystery or paradox. But I think there will be little quarrel with my feeling that Texas is one thing. For all its enormous range of space, climate, and physical appearance, and for all the internal squabbles, contentions, and strivings, Texas has a tight cohesiveness perhaps stronger than any other section of America. Rich, poor, Panhandle, Gulf, city, country, Texas is the obsession, the proper study, and the passionate possession of all Texans.”
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
The Inspiration: I was commissioned to create a Texas Flag Blanket by my cousin and friend. Being from Texas myself this was a very special project for me.
Materials: To create the Texas Flag Blanket, you will need an I hook, a tapestry needle for weaving in ends, scissors for cutting the yarn, and a measuring tape to check gauge. The preferred yarn used in this project is Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn. I used 3 skeins of each color to create the size in my photos. I had half or more of each of my 3rd skeins to spare. I then used more of the white yarn to create the star.
Length and Size Options: I have included in this pattern all of the measurements for baby blankets in sizes: Stroller, Receiving, Toddler and Swaddle and all adult sized blankets in sizes: Throw, Twin, Full, Queen, Super Queen, and King and all the information you will need to create this blanket in measurements very close to those sizes, as the proportion may not be perfectly in line with those sizes, but you can get close. NO MATH REQUIRED.
I take pride in the fact that my patterns are very versatile, and a plethora of sizing options or embellishment options are available with most of my patterns, and this one is no different. It is my greatest hope that you are able to use this pattern in a variety of different ways!
Buy the Texas Flag Blanket (Baby to Bedspread sizes) Pattern on Ravelry
Don’t crochet? Buy any size Texas Flag Blanket (finished item) by messaging me on Etsy (Custom orders are my specialty)
- Buy the Texas Flag Blanket (Baby to Bedspread sizes) Pattern on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/texas-flag-blanket
- Don’t crochet? Buy any size Texas Flag Blanket (finished item) by messaging me on Etsy (Custom orders are my specialty): https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtofDomesticGoddess?ref=hdr_shop_menu
- [Image]: https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://articlesofadomesticgoddess.com/2015/02/texas-flag-blanket-baby-to-bedspread-sizes/
- [Image]: https://plus.google.com/share?url=http://articlesofadomesticgoddess.com/2015/02/texas-flag-blanket-baby-to-bedspread-sizes/
- [Image]: http://twitter.com/share?url=http://articlesofadomesticgoddess.com/2015/02/texas-flag-blanket-baby-to-bedspread-sizes/&text=Texas+Flag+Blanket+%E2%80%93+Baby+to+Bedspread+Sizes
- [Image]: http://www.ravelry.com/bookmarklets/queue?url=http://articlesofadomesticgoddess.com/2015/02/texas-flag-blanket-baby-to-bedspread-sizes/&title=Texas+Flag+Blanket+%E2%80%93+Baby+to+Bedspread+Sizes
- [Image]: http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=http://articlesofadomesticgoddess.com/2015/02/texas-flag-blanket-baby-to-bedspread-sizes/&title=Texas+Flag+Blanket+%E2%80%93+Baby+to+Bedspread+Sizes
- [Image]: mailto:?Subject=Texas%20Flag%20Blanket%20–%20Baby%20to%20Bedspread%20Sizes&Body=I%20thought%20you%20might%20like%20this:%20http://articlesofadomesticgoddess.com/2015/02/texas-flag-blanket-baby-to-bedspread-sizes/
Source URL: http://articlesofadomesticgoddess.com/2015/02/texas-flag-blanket-baby-to-bedspread-sizes/