Classical in nature. Utilizes things like poetry, music and art to enrich the child's mind. Depends mostly on real, classical literature, rather than textbooks.
- Well Trained mind - The Well Trained mind book contains more classical education resources than I could EVER share here. It is a must read for new homeschoolers.
- Classical conversations Classical Conversations kind of took the Well Trained Mind and ran with it. It certainly is not the only one out there, but it is amazing! It takes 3 minutes a day to do the memory work associated with it. My kindergarten daughter learned her multiplication math facts 1 through 15 in song form in the first 6 weeks. That is nothing compared to what else goes along with it. Science and History and Geography memory work is also included here. THREE minutes. Everyone can spare that 1-2 times a day. It holds a biblical world view. Story of the world pairs up nicely as a history to go along with this memory work! 24 weeks of memory work per cycle so you can take breaks in between. I have heard that 6 weeks on, a week off is a good rhythm.
- Join a group near you -It can be quite expensive to join a group. Here is some pricing information for that.
- Purchase materials to do it at home. I would say Audio cds, all sets history cards from ancient to modern, science cards, trivium tables geography cards, and the colored memory work flashcards would be what you need to do it from home. And the Guide OR the app below.
- Pay $15.99 for the app on Google Play or the Apple App Store and have everything you need to follow the Foundations program at home. Purchasing the materials would be optional with this app. There are 3 cycles of memory work for Foundations. You may need to look up science and timeline songs on Youtube, but they can be found for free. The rest of the songs are included on the app.
- I make weekly videos with my kids for OUR sanity. We do not do the latin work. We look up videos on youtube if there is not one in the app. Then I have them video what they learn so they can look back on it easily. If someone wanted to do it completely for free, I guess they COULD essentially just play through our playlist.
- Timeline Song broken into weekly work. It's in a playlist so it keeps playing through the entire song.
- Veritas - Veritas Press should also have some memory work included, as they subscribe to the classical philosophy of teaching also, but I don't know enough about it to state anything definitively about their curriculum. Except that they truly have a great phonics system based in memory called phonics museum. It is another option, although, I believe it may even be more costly than Classical Conversations.
- Pam Barnhill resources for memory work
- Classical Academic Press - There are many many classical publishers!
Classical Philosophy Book List
Classical Education Links