Purchase Curriculum Cheaper - some of these say "christian store" this does not mean that they curricula being sold there are all christian in nature.
- If you are in Houston area, you may be able to find them cheaper by visiting
- Online options
Documentation/Transcripts/Keeping up with Information/Organization/Homeschool planners/Scheduling/Classroom Management
- Amy Knapp Planners are cheap and useful (<$15)
- Homeschool Minder - Input your child's education factors (courses taken, grades, etc) and it keeps track of it for you. Easy professional transcript.
- Google Classroom can be useful in creating your own curriculum or for offering classes to homeschoolers at home!
- Stay Focused Google Chrome App - Put your schedule into your app and a timer will pop up on your screen when you should move on. Great for Computer based learning.
- Schoology - Create classes (or take them) - set up is very much like a distance learning portal that colleges use! Would be a great platform to teach children. Also would be great for high schoolers moving to college to learn the ropes.
Teaching Instruction - What do I teach and when
- Bright Education Hub - a listing of ages and what is developmentally appropriate.
Homeschool ID Cards
- Make Homeschool Teacher/Student ID Cards on Homeschool Buyers Co-op
- Make Homeschool Teacher/Student ID Cards on Joy in our Journey
- A List of Teacher Discounts you can get with your homeschool teacher ID purchased for $5.99 from that website.
- Khan Academy - Free Test Prep for SAT, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, IIT-JEE, NCLEX-RN
- Easy Peasy - All in one High School - 9th-12th Grade Free SAT Test Prep Class
End of the year Testing
- Staar Testing is not required in Texas. However, if you feel very compelled to still offer the Staar test to your children, TEA releases their Staar exams at the end of every year. You can administer the Staar at home. If you don't care so much about taking the Staar, but want to make sure you are covering what is on the test, there are 36-40 questions on the Math, Reading and Science Staar Tests and there are 36-40 weeks in a school year usually depending on how you schedule. So do one question each for Math, Reading and Science a week until the end of the year and you have successfully taught what needs to be taught.
- Basic Achievement Skills Inventory (BASI) (Grades 3-12) - $88 for this test.
- CAT - California Achievement Test - This is my choice for testing - This test's results give simple, to the point results. It is also affordable and the results seem to be very useful. $30 for this test. $45 if you also want the test prep.
- Brigance Diagnostic Inventories - Great for children who are developmentally behind.
- Comprehensive Test of Basic Skills (CTBS)
- Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS)
- Stanford Achievement Test (SAT) - For K-12 grade educators This link includes test prep options. Must be taken in person at a facility. $50-$110.
- (This is not the College Board SAT - If you would like to prep for THAT test, you can find full practice tests here and online practices through Khan Academy)
- Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT) - Short test, can be useful for children with limited attention spans.
- Pass Test
- Woodcock-Johnson - Must be administered by someone qualified to administer the test. Usually a psychologist or education professional.
- Khan Academy- Learn about college admissions, entrepreneurship, growth mind-set, personal finance and careers here FREE
Mom Resources for learning about homeschooling
- Podcast Addict
- Simply Convivial
- A Delectable Education
- After Cast with Brandy Vencel
- The Glorious in the Mundane
- Read Aloud Revival
- Risen Motherhood
- Schole Sisters
- The Mason Jar
- Simply Charlotte Mason with Sonya Shafer
- Your Morning Basket
General New Homeschoolers Book List