Reading Resources for teaching students with Dyslexia - Dyslexia is a special topic among homeschoolers as IDEA (Special Education) does not offer support for children with dyslexia for the most part.
- Orton-Gilligham Certification- for $49, take 6 months and become certified to teach your dyslexic child at home. Many swear by this program and then pair it with either the Barton Reading Program, All About Reading or with their own curricula.
- Barton Reading - A great tutoring system for children, teenagers, or adults who struggle with spelling, reading, and writing due to dyslexia or a learning disability. ($250-$300 for each level, but it is a quality system, complete with colored letter tiles for spelling)
- Fun-Schooling with Thinking Tree Books - If a child does not learn the way we teach, we should teach the way they learn. Games for teaching and a series of workbooks packed with learning activities. No flashcards, No boring text or books, No Endless repetition. Just fun games for 15-20 minutes a day.
- Reading Rockets - 10 compiled dyslexia resources article
- Dyslexia Resource website
- 100 resources for homeschooling with Dyslexia
Special Education Resources - Your special needs child is covered under federal special education law, you do not have to be enrolled in a public school in order to take advantage of IDEA laws.
- Easy Peasy List of Resources for educating children with Special Education issues
- Learn how to best teach children that are differently-abled. Vast list here.
- THSC Special Needs Nook
- Sped Homeschool
- If you are still having trouble with Special Education and you need help, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would happy to help you or get you into contact with someone who can.